MBA DEPARTMENT PROFILE
The Department of Management Studies-MBA was established in the year 2006. Providing a supply of quality manpower for the industry, the MBA Department ensures that all the MBA students are well equipped with skill to face the industry challenges with their prior campus experience.
We have highly qualified faculty members to train the students in managerial and communication skills aspiring to achieve the target of placement performance to competent students. In addition to this, the MBA department also arranges guest lectures by industry, offering research activities and eminent academicians to enhance the knowledge of students to make them ready for their corporate life.
Dr.K.Mahesh Associate Professor & Head Contact No: 9845747147
1. The Department of Management Studies (MBA), BIT affiliated to V.T.U & approved by AICTE was incepted in the year 2006 with a vision to evolve as one of the India’s premier management institutes to promote knowledge through research, for both men & women pursuing careers in management. The mission of the department is to nurture & develop the talents of management students & also to create applicable knowledge in order to support social & economic advancement. At present the department has an approved intake of sixty students & is offering specializations in the areas of Marketing, Human Resource & Finance. The strength of the department lies with the knowledge base-competent faculties from inter-disciplinary fields.
2. Making the new beginning the department is continuously defining strategies & focusing on its destination. With the advent of new paradigms in business & academics, the department is building on our strengths & assets to create new relationships & synergies. The future prospect of the department is to collaborate with the industry, facilitate entrepreneurship development cell, introduce student exchange programmes, offer management development programmes, and establish joint ventures with institutes in developing countries, to build research links & promote national & international case writing.
|Vision and Mission|
|Vision||· We endeavor to be distinguished business school focused on leadership, innovation and entrepreneurship.|
· To emphasis on the relevance and innovation in curriculam, instructional methods and research activities.
· To create world-class, socially responsible, creative leaders and managers.
· To develop all round personality of students by instilling values, passion and to have caring attitude for Human values.
· To provide high standard of professional, ethical conduct and a climate that fosters continuous improvement.
· To have partnership with our internal and external constituencies to provide a lifelong return on investment for our students and alumni.
|PEOs and PSOs|
1. To gain knowledge of critical functions of business
2. To enhance quantitative skills necessary to analyze a firm’s quantifiable numerical data and to make intelligent and effective decisions.
3. To understand the techniques and tools useful for financial analysis and control of national and global environments.
|PSOs||Graduates of the Master of Business Administration degree program will be able to:
1. Communicate effectively in a variety of formats
2. Identify the key issues facing a business or business subdivision
3. Utilize qualitative and quantitative methods to investigate and solve critical business problems
4. Integrate tools and concepts from multiple functional areas (i.e. finance, marketing, operations, etc.) to solve business problems
As today’s professionals need to continuously build their domain-specific and managerial credentials to perform better, the department of provides specializations in the below mentioned domains.
- Marketing Management
- Financial Management
- Human Resources Management
- Successful conduction of AICTE sponsored two week training programme on paradigm shifts in Human Resource Management.
- Conduction of three day workshop on entrepreneurship awareness camp sponsored by VTU.
FACILITIES AT BIT MBA:
The department is well equipped with adequate facilities such as:
- Class rooms with LCD projectors,
- Exclusive library with EBSCO
- Seminar Hall
- Computer lab
The department has a Placement Centre to facilitate on-campus Placement openings to the students. The Centre has in-charge asst. placement officer to organize the events. The Centre provides placement training in soft skills to all final year students to empower them to familiarize to the contemporary corporate desires.
The center enables students to face discussions & get jobs of their choice. More than 50 top and well recognized companies across the country/abroad from all divisions visit the campus for recruitment. Every year more than 70% of students from the programs are being placed. The students are given a choice of choosing for two job prospects.
Guest lectures and special invitee talk series organized for all the branches of students from commerce and industry experts through the Placement Centre.
Most of the top companies across the nation, visit us for Campus Recruitment. There is incredible antagonism amongst companies to visit the Campus to recruit the best aptitude of the students and the institution.
A well organized and systematic approach has been developed for the selection of research scholars. Candidates pursuing Ph.D. under the Department of Management are required to compulsorily take up the course work examination conducted by VTU. At present there are four research scholars perusing their doctoral programme under MBA department.
Dr. K.V. Deepak
- The MBA department is recognized as a research centre to offer Ph.D. degree under VTU during the year 2014.
- The department has 05 faculty members with rich academic experience to guide the research scholars who take admission at BIT.
- These Research guides together continue to add to their huge body of research through publications in national and international journals.
- The areas of research include Marketing management, Human resource management, Financial management & Operations management.
- Presently research is undertaken in the areas of Human Resource Practices, Stock Market, Banking, Social Networking & Digital Marketing.
- Research Centre has access to E learning resources and Institutional membership with reputed Institutions like IIM-B, National Digital Library.
- The Centre also has licensed Plagiarism software’s and Statistical packages to help the Scholars in their research analysis.
|Sl.No||Guide||Name||Research Topic||Year of registration||Status|
|1||Dr.K.Mahesh||Prathap B N||A Study On Impact Of Micro Finance On Poverty and Employment In Rural Karnataka||2015||Awarded|
|2||Raghu N||Role of Innovation And Disruptive Trends Amongst Startups In Karnataka”||2016||Thesis Submitted|
|3||Pilla Venkata Swamy||A study on development Best Human Resource Management practices in Retail Industry wrt effective training and appraisal towards quality perspectives: Issues and Challenges in retail sector in Karnataka||2017||Open Seminar -1 completed|
|4||S.L.Sujatha||A study on Strategic issues and dimensions of e payment system and digital wallets on financial inclusion in India with reference to Bangalore||2018||Course work completed|
|5||Gnanesh.C||An empirical Study of Volatility, trading volume of Indian derivatives market||2015||Course work completed|
|6||Dr.K.V.Deepak||Aruna C (1BI15PBJ01)||A Study on The Relationship Between Leadership And Employee Motivation In Improving Work Group’s Productivity Of Public Sector Banks In Karnataka||2015||Open Seminar -1 completed|
|7||Madhukumar K (1BI15PBJ02)||“Influence of Customer Relationship Management and Customer Experience on Customer Loyalty and Customer Advocacy in Banking Sector”.||2015||Awarded|
|8||Md. Jazeel (1BI17PBJ02)||A Study on the Service Quality of Health Care Services in Kerala||2017||Course work completed|
|9||M Jeevitha (1BI18PBA01)||A Study On Work Life Balance Of Female Nurses In Hospitals-A Comparative Study Between Government And Private Hospitals In Karnataka||2018||Course work completed|
|10||Pavithra S (1BI16PBJ03)||Impact of Social Media on Employee Engagement with reference to Information Technology(IT) sector in Bangalore||2016||Open Seminar -1 completed|
|Sl.No||Name||Designation||Name of the Books||Total no. of Books Authored|
|1||Dr. Mahesh.K||Professor & HOD||Project Appraisal Planning & Control||01|
|2||Dr. K.V.Deepak||Associate Professor||(i) E- Marketing (ii) Business, law and policy (iii) International HRM||03|
|3||Jeevitha. M||Asst Professor||HR Analytics||01|
|4||Dr. Prakash R.P.||Asst Professor||Tax Management||01|