- Placement Process
- Placement Statistics
- Our Recruiters
- Alumni Feedback
- Placement Team
Department of Training & Placement
Training and Placement Center was established in the year 1994 under the visionary leadership of Dr.Aswath.M.U, with the objective of making our students self-reliant, capable, skilled and competent technocrats. Many milestones have been set by our center.
To keep our students professionally updated to the unfolding dynamic environment, our center offers apex quality training services, many career guidance and development programmes on personality development, communication skills, Industry to Institute Convergence expert interaction sessions, aptitude tests and logical reasoning sessions, confidence grooming sessions, Group Discussion and Mock Interview Sessions, Public Sector Competitive Exams Training and Industry Internship Programs. Due to which our students are well equipped to handle the working norms of the industry.
The Center provides employment opportunities for the students in acclaimed world class organisations. Every year more than 100 top notch companies visit our Institution and conduct placement activities for the full time recruitment and internship. The Training and Placement Centre takes immense pleasure in stating that around 70 percent of eligible students are placed in their dream companies with attractive packages. The average compensation is 6.5 lacs and highest compensation will be 20 LPA. Leading companies like Infosys, Wipro, Accenture, Cisco, Akamai, Microfocus, HPE, SAP, Nokia, Microchip, BEL, Mercedes Benz, Bosch, L&T- ECC and Brigade Group recruit our students.
Our resourceful alumnae have set commendable standards in the corporate world through their admirable contributions. The consistent placement record illustrates our commitment and devotion towards creating employment opportunities to our students.
We have excellent infrastructure facilities in terms of full-fledged seminar hall, training hall, conference and board rooms, interview cabins, full-fledged computer labs for conducting recruitment process.
To enhance and equip our students with the conceptualized employability and professional skills in meeting the dynamic challenges of the corporate world and acquaint our faculty members with current industrial trends.
- To train the students to meet the industry requirements.
- To guide the students to achieve their career goals.
- To provide ample placement opportunities for the students to get their dream jobs.
- To equip our faculty members with the latest industry requisites.
The Objectives of the Centre Are As Under:
- To enhance industry-institute interaction.
- To organize seminar, training programmes and work-shops for students so as to help students to learn latest technologies
- To organize seminars, technical talks by eminent personalities from academic institutes and industry to enhance the awareness of students.
- To provide guidance and information for higher studies.
- To conduct mock tests, interviews, Group Discussions for students.
- To conduct training programs to enhance the communication skills and develop inter-personal skills of students.
- To arrange campus-interviews by inviting leading companies to recruit students
Placement Process in BIT
- Every year the enrollment process for placements begins when students come to pre final year.
- Each department will have one faculty and two student coordinators to facilitate training and placement activities.
- The coordinators organize mock test and group discussion in their respective classes. External trainers are invited to train the students on solving the aptitude, prepare for group discussion, interview facing skills and technical skills. Experts from the varied industries are invited to give guest lecture on the latest technologies.
- Every year more than three hundred reputed companies are invited to visit our institution to recruit our students for internship and full time jobs.
- Several companies send their assessment form to assess our institute before they visit for recruitment. We provide all the required information to the companies. Based on the information provided, companies visit our institution for campus recruitment.
- More than one hundred and twenty companies from different sectors visit BIT to recruit students for internship and full-time job. More than five hundred students get their dream jobs through placement center.
Companies Offered v/s Student Placed
Offer Distribution by Compensation 2021-2022 Batch
Types of Companies
Package offered by Companies
Demographics of offers2021-2022(Degree-wise distribution)
Demographics of offers2021-2022(Branch-wise distribution)
Group Discussion Rooms
Computer Labs to Conduct Online Tests
Activities conducted by Department of Training & Placement
Pre-Placement Talk of Infosys
Pre-Placement Talk of DXC
MOU with IRSC & ROBERT BOSCH
Interaction with CISCO Team
Inauguration of IRSC Chapter in BIT
Technical Talk on Cloud by Mr. Sanjay Manwani, Director, ORACLE
Innovation & Excellence in Everything by Mr.Mukesh Jain VP, Capgemini
“Resume Building & Soft Skills” workshop by Ms. Sonali, Manager – HR Oracle
Session on Future of Workforce and The Need of High Potential Professionals By Alumnus –
BIT, Mr. Suchindra, Ms. Shruthi Rajshekaar, Mr. Santosh Kumar
Soft Skills and Effective Communication by Mr. Santhosh & Mr. Rahul Kolle from SkillX
Session Agile by Mr. Prahalad Kulkarni, Manager- Robert Bosch
“Design Thinking” Workshop by Mr. Debopriya Ghosh, Manager - Capgemini
Faculty Members Participated in Faculty Development Programs at SAP Labs
Faculty and Students participated in Women’s Day Celebration at Robert BOSCH
Students Selected in Campus Recruitment
Computer Science and Engineering - 2020
One Direct - Full Stack Developer
"When you are passionate about what you do, you would have reached halfway towards the goal. I always tried to enhance my skills by participating in technical events conducted in and out of the college. I concentrated on academics and also practiced coding on competitive coding platforms. Placement Center gave me the opportunity to enhance my skills and I was placed in OneDirect as Full Stack Developer with a package of Rs: 20.LPA. I express my profound gratitude for my teachers of BIT for helping me in achieving my goals."
Information Science and Engineering - 2019
CISCO - Network Engineer
"I am Sathvika RV, alumni of BIT. My journey of four years in the college was one of the most memorable ones. Our teaching and non-teaching staff was very supportive throughout. Being placed through campus, I have the privilege to mention that BIT has one of the finest placements records. Our Placement Center gets the best possible companies which helps students have the best career ahead. I am grateful and proud to be a BITian!!"
Computer Science and Engineering – 2019
"I graduated from Computer Science and Engineering from BIT during 2019. Four years of college had been a rollercoaster of emotions that I enjoyed the most. I have immense gratitude towards all my lecturers, non-teaching staffs and my friends. They have built me up and helped me discover my true potentials. Thanks to the guidance and opportunities provided by the placement cell that i'm placed in Target with a good package."
Mechanical Engineering - 2019
Boeing - Mechanical Design and Analysis Engineer
"The college encourages the development of necessary soft-skills along with Technical Knowledge. The Training and placement cell was instrumental in inviting top companies to visit the campus which helped me to start my career in one of the prestigious organization Boeing International Corporation India Pvt. Ltd."
Mechanical Engineering - 2019
MOOG India Technology Centre - Test Engineer
"My journey through BIT was an exciting one. It was the BIT's staff and facilities that helped me achieve 2nd Rank from VTU. The BIT library and Mechanical Engineering faculty helped me gather a deep understanding of the subjects being taught in the courses. I am also thankful to my professors for their support and encouragement throughout the 4 years to help me achieve my Dream Job. I thank our Principal Dr. Ashwath. M. U and Placement Officer S. R. Girish for inviting companies to our campus and providing placement support."
Gunashree G R
M.Tech – Computer Science - 2019
DELL – EMC - Software Enginee
"Hi, my name is Gunashree G. R. I pursued B.E in Computer Science and Engineering from B.I.T It was a really good holistic education that I received. I got placed successfully in two companies Cognizant and G.E. I worked at Cognizant for 4 years. Later I joined for M.Tech in BIT during (20017-2019). With the best efforts of the placement cell I have got placed at Dell EMC and currently working there and living my dreams".
Sub Lieutenant K Pawan Raj
Mechanical Engineering 2019
Pilot, Indian Navy
"BIT made me a competent individual, both professionally and personally. The Mechanical Engineering Department rightly focuses on an overall development of every student, be it education, managerial skills or practical exposure. The Placement Center at BIT is highly competent. The pre-placements activities were highly effective which helped in clearing aptitude tests and on how to conduct oneself and face interviews confidently. This training also helped me in clearing the Services Selection Board (SSB) interview for the Indian Navy. I’m fortunate and proud to be a BITian!".
Dr. Aswath M. U
Advisor –Training & Placement
Dr. Reddappa H.N.
Faculty Placement Coordinators
Prof. S. Gangadhar
Dr. B. V. Lingesh
Prof. A. N. Smitha
Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Prof. R. Krishna
Electronics & Communication Engineering
Prof. Prathima. M. G
Computer Science & Engineering
Prof. L. K. Sudha
Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
Dr. Davy George
Ind Engineering & Management Engineering
Prof. B. Sudha
Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
Information Science & Engineering
Prof. Seema Nagaraj
Master of Computer Applications(MCA)
Master of Business Administration(MBA)
H. M. Dharmapale Gowda
Ashwini K S
C. P. Mahadev