The Department of Mathematics has highly accomplished teaching faculty with specialisation in various disciplines such as Fluid Mechanics, Graph Theory, Mathematical Modelling, Transportation GIS and Applied Mathematics. The Department is headed by Dr. K.M. Roopa. Currently, there are 12 Teaching staff out of which four faculty members are with Doctoral degree and four faculty members are pursuing. The Department has an active involvement in organizing the workshops and conferences on Mathematical sciences & related software’s.
|Mathematics is an integral component in engineering science as one concept or another is required in all disciplines of engineering. In my opinion, a student who is good in mathematics can learn any core subjects of engineering without much difficulty. Mathematics makes the mind sharp to aid in the process of solving an engineering problem. The Department of Mathematics provides services to the entire Institute for UG/PG students of Engineering. The aim of the department is to pursue excellence in Mathematics through teaching and research. We have talented faculty members with wide experiences in diverse fields of mathematics viz. Linear Algebra, Numerical Methods, Calculus, Statistics, and other related fields. Our emphasis is to develop engineers equipped with modern mathematical tools with skillful towards real world and engineering problems.|
The Department is currently headed by Dr. K.M. Roopa, M.Sc., M.Phil.,Ph.D.
To provide with sufficient understanding and educational experience in all areas of Mathematics
- Providing quality education through innovative teaching.
- Applying mathematics as a tool to model and solve Engineering problems.
- Creating a pool of talent to undertake research and development.
- Awarded a project titled “Mathematical Modelling of Climate Change in Selected Regions of Karnataka – A Geostatistical Approach” approved by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of Karnataka under the Vision Group on Science and Technology (VGST) – RGS/F.
- Eight candidates are pursuing Ph.D. under VTU in the Department Research Center.
- Awarded Ph.D. degree for two research candidates for their doctoral research in Graph Theory by VTU.
- Organization of a large number of workshops and Faculty Development Programs at regular intervals for the benefit of students and faculty in both engineering mathematics and related software applications.
- Straitening of Department Library by adding more number of books in Mathematics as well as in other related areas.
- Organization of knowledge enhancement programs viz., PPT presentation highlighting on Engineering Applications, quiz competitions, encouragement for research paper publications at regular intervals.
- Implementation of online teaching through various platforms like e-Shikshana Google and YouTube.
- Participation in various academic and administrative programs in various universities and colleges.
Besides the institutional library, Department of Mathematics also has an exclusive Library with more than 200 books including both academics and other related books such as aptitude, applications etc., which are made use by faculty and students.
Total Number of Books – 200
Library in charge:
UMA A L
Department of Mathematics
Mobile Number: + 918951127270
|1||Dr .K.M Roopa||Professor and HOD|
|2||Dr. Dhananjaya M||Assistant Professor|
Roles & Responsibilities:
- To provide a continuous process and work towards the realization of the goals of quality enhancement and enrichment of students.
- To coordinate the documentation of the various programmes / activities leading to quality improvement.
- To coordinate in preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to be submitted to Institution.
- To coordinate the timely and efficient execution of the decisions of IQAC committee.
- To maintain quality standards in teaching learning.
- To implement the annual calendar of events of the institution.
- To assess the level of attainment of PO’s and CO’s.
- To review students’ performance in CIE tests for all the subjects
DEPARTMENT RULES & REGULATIONS
- Mandatory attendance of Students to classes with minimum of 80% attendance.
- Attending three internal tests.
- Prohibition in use of mobile phones in the class room.
- Maintenance of discipline and mannerism in the class
- Encouragement for regular interaction in the class
- Participation in outreach programs
- Students shall keep themselves updated with instructions issued by the Institute from time to time
- Students to take prior permission before attending other events/functions either within or outside the institute.
- No guests / visitors shall be allowed with the students in the class
- Eatables / beverages are not allowed inside the class hours
- Switch off lights & fans when they leave the class room
- Student must inform the faculty member during Medical emergency