Believing strongly in the motto “Technology for Prosperity”, BIT has started in the year 1979 and the college has seen phenomenal growth in the last three and a half decades bringing innovation to every road we have traveled. Inside this campus the possibilities seem limitless. You will find cutting-edge technology, state-of-the-art equipment and minds that push the envelope of theory and experimentation.
Dr. A.G Nataraj obtained his bachelor degree B.E in civil engineering from Sri Jaya Chamarajendra College of Engineering of (SJCE) - Mysore University, September 1981. Master’s degree from Karnataka Regional Engineering College (KREC) NITK - Surathkal , January 1985 and his Ph.D., Environmental Engineering, Bangalore University, May 2004.
- Principal 1.6.2014 till date
- Professor & HOD, Dept of Civil Engineering, BIT, 07.01.2007 –31.5.2014
- Professor , Dept of Civil Engineering, BIT, 12.06.2004 – 31.5.2014
- Assistant Professor, Dept of Civil Engineering, BIT, 30.04.1998 – 12.06.2004
- Senior Grade Lecturer, Dept of Civil Engineering, BIT, 30.04.1992 – 29.04.1998
- Lecturer, Dept of Civil Engineering, BIT, 14.03.1984 – 29.04.1992
Guide for Ph.D and M.Sc Engineering research scholars of Vishveswaraya Technological University (VTU).
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Fellow:Institute of Engineering, India(FIE)
- Indian Society of Technical Education (ISTE)
- Indian Water Works Association (IWWA)
- Academy of Certified Hazardous Material Managers (ACHMM)
- Indian Association for Air Pollution Control (IAAPC)
Member, VTU Local Inspection Committee – 2008, 2009, 2009-2010, 2011 – 2012, 2012 – 2013.
Treasurer, Academy of Certified Hazardous Material Managers (ACHMM), India Chapter,
Bangalore. BIT is the only International Chapter of ACHMM, Maryland, USA established in the
Department of Civil Engineering.
Treasurer, Institute of Environment & Hazardous Material Management (IEHMM), Bangalore.
IEHMM is a Non-Profit Organization working in the field of Environment.
Presented papers in National and International conferences and published papers in reputed journals .
Dr. A.G Nataraj
Bangalore Institute of Technology